Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime Reviews

So as it turns out, this guy...

... ain't Fowler. Also New York evidently has a population of roughly a dozen people.

PART 1

PART 2

So... oops, all black people look alike in terrible CGI?

More importantly, apparently we're only getting "1 relic per episode"... meaning that's four more episodes in a row following the staple "transformers unearth cybertronian relics"... ugh!

Edit: The third rail kills it. Pathetic.

Oh, and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the shields on these bastards. It's just laziness so the animators don't need to show the things being scorched.

And the autobots let him go...

Vogel didn't sound enough like Bender for my tastes.

Also, Vogel's like "robots that turn into vehicles, hmmm...." hinting at Secret Invasion/early IDW-furman work. Sadly, TFP is too lazy to do such a story, and this guy's probably going to be a villain next time because they basically wrote him off. Also, how the hell does Miko explain to Fowler what to tell him when he's right in front of her. "Lie to this guy to shut him up" seems a bit like tipping your hand, no?

Optimuspot is offline I before E, except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbor.
    LOL @ Knockout at the end, Its pretty tough to speed away with only 3 rims.

Optimuspot is offline I before E, except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuspot View Post
    Now with less continuity and less voice actors. Next episode is going to be 24 minutes of Bulkhead trapped in ice lamenting how he misses Miko while wearing the paper hat of unicron which makes him cry.

Does Transformers Prime's daytime Emmy mean it's a good show, or that the competition is slim?

Beast Wars was award winning. When talking to transformers "beast haters", I often use this as evidence that third party neutral observers believe Beast Wars is a good show.

Now TFP has won several awards.

And this leaves me scratching my head. I like the shows I liked as a kid. Some, like Beast Wars, clearly stand out as being not only good - but epic, and well produced a number of levels. TFP is not only not my transformers, it seems perpetually poorly written and has less plot development than Transformers Armada - I suspect if we went back and looked at the #s, by now Armada had gotten over it's "gotta catch 'em all" motif and moved towards the Unicron stuff. Then again, I can't force myself to watch all of my Armada DVDs, so I can't tell you. And it's not just one or two things that bug me about TFP... it's almost everything they do. It's Miko making the same mistakes over and over, it's the poor writing and irrational choices used to cut voice acting costs, it's the inconsistent stories, bad physics, and tongue-in-cheek admission that they know they messed up but "suck it"... in a god damned clip show early in the season!

When I think back to Beast Wars, there is a suspension of disbelief... largely with locations/travel times - Megatron runs to the "snowy north" after ambushing the maximals, and gets to Tigatron's pod moments after Waspinator and Terrorsaur. Yet, at the same time, Megatron ambushes the maximals so that they don't get to the pod first! The writing on Beast wars was SO STRONG it's not even funny. Yet, in one episode they went from "One insecticon nearly kills Megatron" to "a thousand mind-controlled insecticons can't take down the 'con ship or Megatron... or the autobots!" And, in some respects, I think TFP is trying to piggyback on Beast Wars, by not worrying about where the 'con ship is, where it crashes, etc... and when they use the dues ex machina of the land bridge (which is as much of a copyout as the system of roads hidden within earth that the car robots used in RiD), it's like they're specifically thumbing their nose at the watcher saying logistics doesn't matter here.

Imagine Beast Wars with a land bridge and flying 'con ship. It would suck.

So I'm at a loss - either I need to admit that TFP got enough right to get an award (think of this as getting a perfect score on a multiple choice test by guessing), or that the threshold for awards has gone significantly down hill in the past 15 years. What do you think?

It's a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by diablien View Post
    It's a good show.
    Can you name a good episode?

How did it win a day time Emmy when it airs 8:30 pm on Saturday nights?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimuspot View Post
    How did it win a day time Emmy when it airs 8:30 pm on Saturday nights?
    Four-hundred years ago, on the planet Earth, workers who felt their livelihood threatened by automation, flung their wooden shoes, called sabo, into the machines to stop them...

mfjlf2 is offline Put your pants back on, I'm not that curious!
    I hope Avengers EMH won a Tony, an Oscar, and the writers all got BJ's from playboy models then.

Quote Originally Posted by mfjlf2 View Post
    I hope Avengers EMH won a Tony, an Oscar, and the writers all got BJ's from playboy models then.
    Well... I can't think of very many strong AEMH episodes either. Of course, what I'm thinking about is education/morals/classic homages. AEMH is a solid super hero show. TFP is not a solid scifi show.

Air Hammer is offline Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam...

So the Apex armour in this continuity is just... armour? It doesn't do anything else, doesn't change into anything, it's just... clothing... for robots...

I'm sure it's really nice clothing...

I'm more worried about Starscream's twiddling his thumbs up his ass instead of t-cogging himself.

Ratchet: .... you can't be serious! We don't have the voice acting $ for Wheeljack to come back from his vacation!
    Optimus: No, don't worry. We just had a while episode where Bumblebee beeped our way into some extra $. Besides, not like you're the doctor of death or anything...

Ah... a remote control for the ground bridge. Fancy I didn't use this before, but whatevs. Not like I sent a bunch of clones on a secret mission to kill Megatron or anything... fortunately I brought this scooter along with me so I don't need to transform.

Since season 1 apparently they upgraded their heating systems. :/

And Prime, when he finds the 'cons don't have the device, he drives up to them... wtf?

"Your aim is poor"? You and 4 other 'cons couldn't hit a broad side of a big red Prime...

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast